Our sport could not function without the support of thousands of volunteer officials, who share their time and expertise each week. To find out more about becoming an official, click here. If you’re already qualified and want to progress to the next level, you’ll find all the details here. For contact details of your County Officials’ Secretary, click here.
Officials’ appointments for Northern Athletics championships are made by the Northern Tri-Regional Officials’ Group. They balance the need for a strong team of experienced officials at each event with the desire to provide opportunities for others to develop. Listed below are downloads for Endurance and Track & Field appointments. These files are regularly updated, so please check which version you have downloaded and what date it was updated/amended.
If you withdraw from an appointment, please contact John Driscoll as soon as possible, so a reserve can be appointed.
Northern Athletics Officials’ Association
The Northern Athletics Officials’ Association (NAOA) is about friendship, giving a helping hand and trying to improve life for technical officials of all disciplines and levels. Membership of the NAOA is open to any technical official supporting athletics in the North of England.
The aims of the NAOA are to:
- Act at all times in the best interests of its Members.
- Encourage a high standard of officiating.
- Raise the status of technical officials.
- Represent the views of Members on issues affecting technical officials.
- Improve the standards of facilities provided for technical officials.
- Assist in the training of technical officials.