Our sport could not function without the support of thousands of volunteer officials, who share their time and expertise each week. To find out more about becoming an official, click here.
Officials’ appointments for Northern Athletics competitions are made by selectors from the Northern Tri-Regional Officials’ Group. They have to balance the need for enough very experienced officials at each championship with the desire to provide opportunities for others to develop their skills. Listed below are downloads for Endurance and Track & Field appointments. These files are regularly updated, so please check which version you have downloaded and what date it was updated/amended. T&F last updated 15 August 2019.
If you withdraw from an appointment, please contact John Driscoll as soon as possible, so a reserve can be appointed.
Northern Athletics Officials’ Association
The Northern Athletics Officials’ Association (NAOA) is about friendship, giving a helping hand and trying to improve life for technical officials of all disciplines and levels. Membership of the NAOA is open to any technical official supporting athletics in the North of England.
The aims of the NAOA are to:
- Act at all times in the best interests of its Members.
- Encourage a high standard of officiating.
- Raise the status of technical officials.
- Represent the views of Members on issues affecting technical officials.
- Improve the standards of facilities provided for technical officials.
- Assist in the training of technical officials.